Who We Are – A Texas Law Firm that Specializes in Tax MattersGeneral Tax Counsel, PLLC (“GTC”) is a law firm that specializes exclusively in representing clients with respect to tax-related matters. GTC provides practical legal services to our clients and focuses on designing innovative tax planning solutions in connection with various proposed business transactions and tax controversy matters in areas where we have a unique expertise. Our clients frequently call on us to act as outside general counsel with respect to business transactions for which tax sensitive issues may need to be addressed in various phases of a proposed business transaction. We often provide clients with tax due diligence in connection with proposed transactions, advise clients on how to structure a proposed transaction in the most tax-efficient manner possible, and advise clients on all important tax planning and tax compliance matters that need to be addressed, including both pre-closing matters and post-closing matters. Our tax counsel and legal services are focused primarily on assisting clients in each of the following areas of tax specialties:
- Providing tax support for mergers and acquisitions,
- Counseling clients on tax considerations in oil and gas transactions,
- Designing tax-efficient investment funds and structuring investments in various financial products,
- Implementing estate planning techniques for high net-worth individuals and family offices,
- Structuring tax-efficient executive compensation arrangements and advising clients on the legal and tax issues for employee benefit plans,
- Consulting on international tax planning and international tax compliance issues,
- Representing clients in tax controversy matters that arise in connection with audits that may be conducted by federal or state and local tax authorities.